Seven Quick Takes Friday

So, it's been over a month since my last post and I haven't done a thing.  This is partially because I was:

a. in New Jersey with my grandparents and cousin in early early July.
b. packing up for summer camp in later early July.
c. earning merit badges in summer camp for a week in mid-July.
d. this is late July.  And next week I'm going on a family vacation.

On to the other excuses for non blogging what's been happening:



1. Of course, there are all the minor details like my birthday, earning a learner's permit, signing college applications, etc.

2. Back with computer animation, I am happy ecstatic to announce that someone has downloaded my TARDIS model!  Somewhere, someone is using it for their own projects!!!

3. Speaking of downloads, I have downloaded and am coloring a Tardis interior from the same website.  To tell the truth, I actually like it that downloads all start out colored gray; it gives the person working with it something to do.  Otherwise, it'd be kinda boring.

4. This is far from saying that I've ceased modeling altogether.  I'm currently working on a project I've been keeping under wraps.  All I'll say for now is that it'll be one of my first "advanced" models; perhaps the best one yet.  It's slow work, but I'm getting there...

5. I am planning on a live-action mini-series, around 5-10 minutes an episode, using compositing and mattework.  Here's how I'm planning it to work:

First, I'd make an animation on the left side of the CGI screen and color the background green.  Next, I and a few others record ourselves in front of a green screen, nearer the right side.  Then, we green screen the recording onto the animation, and when that's done, greenscreen that onto, for example, a spaceship or a brick wall.

Again, I don't have any promises for when it'll be--for all I know, it may take until next year's summer break--or if it'll exist at all.  Still, we'll have to see how the rest of the summer turns out...

6. I've made my own customized 7 Quick Takes Friday post, having fun with (from top left, counter-clockwise): the new fire option in the Blender 2.64 update, image-based textures, a bump map texture, a bump map texture with stenciling, a wireframe material and a material made of halos.

7. In the fall, I'll be taking hand-drawn art lessons from my family's new boarder and art survey in a community college, a prerequisite to computer animation classes.  I've heard that the better you get at hand-drawn pictures, the better you are when "drawing" with a computer.

More quick takes at Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tahu 2001 Animation Recreation (90th Anniversary Form)

Finally--a Physical Mattework!

I've Uploded a 3D Model!